8.10.2009

Plenty Of Activities

I've always been open to learning and trying new things. The summer before I arrived on Kwaj I learned to ride a motorcycle, the summer before that I learned to wakeboard and drive and trailer a motorboat. I feel it's important to keep learning and every new skill helps me to remain independent and functional even when no one else is around. On Kwaj, learning new things keeps you from getting bored.

Here is a list of the activities I've learned or tried for the first time in my life in the 6 months I've been here: (Yup, in a week I will have been here for 6 months already!)
  • Sailing
  • Snorkeling
  • Two step dancing
  • Swing dancing
  • Pottery / wheel throwing
I aim to include learning to scuba dive to my list sometime soon.

Even some of the normal activities you participated at home have a new feel to them here. We have movie theaters here, but they are open air, not like a drive-in even, its totally unique.

Activities I participate in that aren't new to me:
  • Bowling
  • Fishing
  • Swimming
  • Gym
  • Beachcombing
There really is no lack of activities to get involved in here. Anyone that gets bored isn't trying very hard. Add hanging out with friends, barbecuing, chilling on the beach, going to bars, and attending various social functions and you can have a pretty full schedule.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the activities being offered on island - I'm not gonna suffer the life of a 'dorm rat'! Can't wait til Thursday to begin my Kwaj journey...