4.05.2010

Newest Adventure

A few years ago in Montana, I got the opportunity to try wake boarding. I instantly loved it even though after the first time I tried it I literally felt like someone beat me about the shoulders and upper back with a baseball bat. I liked it so much that I bought my own boat to ensure that I could go whenever I wanted.

When I left to come to Kwaj I sold my boat, along with everything else I owned and I've been wanting to wakeboard since I got out here. There aren't a whole lot of people that wakeboard here. A handful compared to the number that fish and dive and sail.

Today, after a year and two months I finally go to go. It wasn't the best day, we were only on the water for a short amount of time. The water was very rough. It was like trying to ride a bucking bronco pretty much and I tweaked my back. But hey, I got to go and I had fun anyway! I plan to go more from now on. I guess the weather will start cooperating more in about a month or so.

About the only thing I haven't tried so far is diving. I'm still thinking about it....

1 comment:

michael adams said...

Rebecca,
Been following your blog and have really enjoyed it. I am in the process of getting on for the hospital, I understand you can't be too critical publicly but can you give me any of the downside/negatives? I know there is good and bad to everything and just want to be able to make an informed decision.
thanks
michael a.