7.07.2011

Dive Certified!

I am now PADI Open Water Diver certified!

Over the 4th of July weekend I got to do 6 dives! Four were for the certification and two were to celebrate!

I couldn't have asked for a better start to my diving experience. I got to see some really incredible stuff on those dives; a sea turtle, trillions of little fishies, a HUGE manta ray (the instructor said he was probably about 12' across but he looked more like 20!), two white tipped sharks and three ship wrecks! Amazing!

I can tell you right now I'm going to have to get an underwater camera. I must take pictures!

Currently I am limited to diving 60' or less. The next step is to take the Advanced Open Water class which will allow me to go to 130'. Beyond that, I'm interested in getting Nitrox certified and at some point after that Rescue Diver. I feel it's the responsible thing to do to be able to help out fellow divers if any issues arise.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics.