4.06.2009

Spring Music Festival

Yesterday was the Spring Music Festival here on Kwaj and it was a blast. Many of the locals showcased their talents on the stage and did a darn good job too. There was a chili cook off, a pulled pork cook off, there was a beer garden featuring 12 home brews and there were a couple of EXCELLENT beers. Yummy! There was beach volleyball and I think almost everyone on the entire island was there. It was a great time.

Artwork by Denise Dorn
This is the t-shirt design created by Denise Dorn here on the island.

I also got to meet a woman who just recently came to Kwaj after following my blog. It was fun to get to meet her finally. It seems that she is enjoying it as well.

Overall I really like it here. I think it's a good fit for me, I've been doing a lot and having a good time. I have some friends now so that makes it even easier. I still think it's not for everyone but if you think it's for you, do it. I'll see you here!

No comments: