12.31.2009

The Things You Get Used To

I was thinking about this this morning as I hopped on my bike to go to work at 6am. It was still dark; the sun is up from about 7am-7pm here every day and I remember how when I first got here, whenever I would go out in the dark, I would expect it to be cold. In Montana, usually even in the summer first thing in the morning, it's chilly. I've gotten used to it being warm even when it's dark now. Other than this morning I haven't even thought about it for awhile.

Another thing I've gotten used to is the salt water. My only salt water experience til now was the Oregon Coast. The water there is bone-achingly cold. I never swam in it so I never tasted it. I spent lots of time in the water in Montana, all of it freshwater. For the first couple of months I was here, I was always surprised when I would taste the salty water. Now my brain has gotten used to it and it's another thing I don't really think about anymore.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another thing one gets used to in Kwaj... shortages of essential items! Currently, paper towel rolls are out and toilet paper isn't far behind! They've limited the quantities for purchase but that's just closing the barn door after the horses have escaped!

It doesn't take long for people to get used to hoarding stuff, especially items that are almost guaranteeed to take six months to get here. If you don't really need it, it'll be on next week's barge! Go figga...!

Rebecca said...

Oh yea, see? I had gotten so used to that I didn't even think of it.

We go extended periods without fresh fruit and vegetables and selection is very limited when items are in stock.

I was told that everything was on an automated ordering system except for a few key items that the store personnell ordered manually.

I don't buy it. (I can't we don't have any!) LOL!

سيو بارتنرز said...

ارخص شركة نقل اثاث بابها
شركة تنظيف منازل بخميس
اقوي شركة نقل اثاث بخميس مشيط