9.11.2008

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties

I will not have access to the internet for an entire 18 days! (I hope I survive)

Tomorrow morning (September 12th), I will be on a plane bound for South America. Peru to be exact. In a matter of days I will be here:
Machu Picchu
Map of Peru

I am terribly excited, and very nervous. I’ve never been out of the country before and I am going alone. The trip is actually an outdoor adventure tour put on by Active South America. I will meet up with them in Cuzco on Sunday, but up to that point I’m on my own.

The trip I signed up for is the Jaguar and this is our basic itinerary:
Jaguar Itinerary

I am expecting this to be a life altering experience, I would imagine I will have lots to blog about on my return.

Thanks for reading and if you want to know how it turns out, check back on the 30th. I’ll make sure I’ve got something posted by then. If you don’t see anything, I may not have survived!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your posiiton in Kwajalein. I am leaving for Kwaj on the 21st. It took about 80 days from my offer letter to leaving. Hang in there and hope to see you there, Dan

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the comment, looks like I will be seeing you in the near future. I doubt we'll be able to miss each other as small as the island is. Congrats on your job as well.