9.10.2008

Great Timing?

You know how they say everything happens for a reason?
I think I'm experiencing some of that. Either that or things are about to go horribly wrong for me soon!

There has been some turmoil and rumors at my current workplace about upcoming changes to our infrastructure. It appears we are getting bought out by another company and I really don't want to work for them. This whole Kwajalein thing could fall into place at just the right time, IF it falls into place.

I am trying not to get too anxious about the whole thing, I'm leaving for an extended vacation on Friday and the last thing I want to be thinking about is whether I have a job when I come back or not.

It's looking like the changes are going to go into effect very shortly after my return so I really hope I find out whether Kwajalein Range Services is going to be an option for me or if I need to start looking elsewhere right away.

I figured I better take the vacation now in case I never get such an opportunity again. I may have to have a little more than a yard sale when I return if I don't hire on with the new company.

We'll see what happens, this could get interesting.....

1 comment:

NJGirlinCO said...

I lived on Kwajalein during the late 60's. I was 8 and 9! Everyone loved it from the kids to the adults. Outdoor movie theater - riding your bikes everywhere. My Dad worked for Bell Labs working on the Nike Zeus project. Like Star Wars today. I'm sure alot more is going on there. It is tropical paradise! Have fun!!