11.22.2008

The Things I'll Do For My Cat

I don't know if my cat is going to enjoy Kwajalein...but he's going.

I can live without just about anything else, but not the cat.

I'll tell you what though, there is a LOT of paperwork and it's going to take a LOT of time and a LOT of money to get that cat to the island with me.

I already call him my $2000 cat. He's had several surgeries due to injury running around in the various neighborhoods I've lived in. Some places are better for cats than others. Kind of like kids I guess...if you can help it you wouldn't move them into a gang and drug infested neighborhood. It's just a little less obvious where the cat gangs roam.

We call the cat Rick James as in "I'm Rick James bitch!" There is a big long article about him on Wikipedia; really everything I know about him is from Chappelle's Show. Hilarious!

Cats are famous for their attitude. This one is no exception:
I'm Rick James Beyotch!
So anyway, I received about 20 pages of paperwork to fill out, many phone numbers to call, a HUGE list of shots and exams and pills and treatments the cat has to undergo. Now I'm worried the lame-o airlines here in Montana may not have a way to transport the cat. That's my next task.

What a process. I have really had it easy for the last 36 years. This is such a learning experience already and I haven't even gotten there yet!

No comments: