6.09.2009

June Beer Can Race

I was the captain this time!



For this months Beer Can sailboat race, I got to be the captain! I've got about 3 more lessons before I'm on my own and can get my license but as one of my training sessions, we participated in the monthly race. What fun!

This one was a little different than usual. Normally we navigate around a series of buoys in a set pattern and everyone starts according to their handicap. The handicap is determined by the size and performance of the boat. This time we only did two legs and everyone started at the same time. The purpose was to help establish your actual handicap as opposed to just the boats performance.

It was a lot of fun for me but boy was I tired afterward. I spent a lot of time on the water this weekend. I love it though.

No comments: