1.30.2009

Working on The Details

Today I had a rental agent come by and take a look at the house. I decided this was probably the best route to go. JF's sister offered to manage it for me while I'm gone but that's a hassle and she lives 100 miles away so it's not like just going across town. A very generous offer but I don't really want to take advantage of her that way.

The service isn't really that expensive and the guy really seemed to know what he's doing. We went over the services he provides, what kind of renters he looks for, he shared some of his experiences, and gave me a few points of advice that seemed pretty solid. It would be nice to know that it's being taken care of by someone with experience.

JF is going to be my first renter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a landlord, too. You'll love the tax benefits. You can even write off your trips back home since it is a trip to inspect your home. Pretty cool.

Rebecca said...

Sweet!
Great information.
Guess the simplicity of my taxes just went out the window...living in a foreign country, operating a rental.
I'll probably have to hire someone now. Oh well.