8.04.2008

Call From Kwajalein

Today while we were out tooling around the lake in the boat, I got a call from Kwajalein!
First of all I'm very happy that I had good enough cell coverage to get the call and not lose it.
It was my friend / former boss that just arrived for duty in Kwajalein two days ago and wanted to give me an update on what it's like.
So cool!
He said the quarters were very nice and that if the job is offered to me to definitely take it because it is exciting and would be a super fantastic opportunity. (My words not his, I'm pretty sure he would never say super fantastic.)
He bragged about his ocean view room and told me that this was the highlight of his career so far. That's a heck of a statement because I don't know any exact numbers but I'm pretty sure his career is spanning close to 40 years now. That and he's only been there one full day!
Justin and I have discussed it, even if he doesn't go if/when I do; I'm going and he will try to join me later. This would work out ok but I would miss him terribly. (Still, I would go.)
My excitement has kicked up a notch and I can't wait to hear back about the job. Now that the launch is over, I'm hoping it won't be too much longer before I know something.

No comments: