3.08.2009

Ocean Fishing

Last weekend was a busy one. After the snorkeling and the sailing I also hopped on another boat the next day and went fishing. If you get together 4 or 5 people, a half day of fishing isn't too expensive and it's a lot of fun too. If you also catch fish it's really worth it.

In order to get out of the lagoon you have to go through SAR Pass which is a really rough section. I couldn't get any pictures because I had to hold on tight to keep from getting tossed out of the boat.

Fishing Boat
Here is the boat we rented

Holding a lure
Chuck showing off one of the lures we were going to use

Bucket of lures
Lure collection
Fishing
Fishing

Rainbow
We were surrounded by rainclouds and saw several nice rainbows

Pretty fish
After 4 hours we only managed to get one fish in the boat!

It's called fishing....not catching.


The fish is called an Aku. I have no idea if I have that spelled right....feel free to correct me in the comments. Even though we only got one fish this time, it was fun. I love being out on the water.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks/sounds like you're having a lot of fun in kwajalein! i'm glad you made it safely and are enjoying yourself!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Lani!
I'm missing my friends and the life I'm familiar with but I am gaining a whole new set of experiences and can always go back.
I'm enjoying reading about your "adventures" as well/
;)
Take care